11 Aug 2012

Global Language Online Support System

Global Language Online Support System: (click here and enjoy listening)
Welcome to teaching and researching second language (L2)foreign language (FL) Listening.

Plan for directing my Listening/viewing Activity (Please send a copy to me if you would like any support or feedback- ae2arabiclistening(at)gmail.com)

Date:

Title of selected recording :

I selected because:

Before I listen

1-Setting my goal

· What do I hope to achieve from listening to/ viewing this recording?

How many times should I listen to/view it?

2-preparing to listen

· What do I know about this topic?

· What type of information can I expect to hear?

· What words can I expect to hear? Use dictionary if necessary)

· What difficulties can I expect?

·
What strategies should I use?

Write down your respond here

This may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z3cWVgWds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21mag4VnDI

After I listen/View

3-Evaluating my listening

· What have I understood?

· Was I able to make use of my prior knowledge about the topic?

· What difficulties did I face?

· Were my strategies useful?

· Write some words and phrases you heard (in Arabic)

· What have I learned about learning to listen from this experience?

Before I listen /View again

4-Planning to listen/view again :

· What should I pay attention to this time?

· What strategies can I use to improve my understanding?

· What can I do to help myself enjoy the listening activity?

Adapted from teaching and learning second language listening .Vandergrift L, & Goh, C (2012)

No comments: