24 Nov 2012

Egypt protests
Welcome to teaching and researching second language (L2)foreign language (FL) Listening.


 Background - Read about it (English)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20476693

Now listen in Arabic
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arabic/middleeast/2012/11/121124_egypt_protests_suppressed.shtml



======================================================

Plan for directing my listening/viewing activity (Please send a copy to me if you would like any support or feedback- ae2arabiclistening{AT}gmail{DOT}com 

Date:                                                                                                           
Title of selected recording :
I selected because:

Before I listen
1-Setting my goal
·         What do I hope to achieve from listening to/ viewing this recording?
How many times should I listen to/view it?
2-preparing to listen
·         What do I know about this topic?
·         What type of information can I expect to hear?
·         What words can I expect to hear? Use dictionary if necessary)
·         What difficulties can I expect?
·         What strategies should I use?
Write down your respond  here











This may help:


After I listen/View

3-Evaluating my listening
·         What have I understood?
·         Was I able to make use of my prior knowledge about the topic?
·         What difficulties did I face?
·         Were my strategies useful?
·         Write some words and phrases  you heard (in Arabic)
·         What have I learned about learning to listen from this experience?


Before I listen /View again

4-Planning to listen/view again :
·         What should I pay attention to this time?
·         What strategies can I use to improve my understanding?
·         What can I do to help myself enjoy the listening activity?


 Adapted from Teaching and Learning Second Language Listening. (Vandergrift & Goh, 2012)

No comments: